trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Bird Watching
- Photography Workshop
- Boat | Sailing Boat
- Public bus
Main travel focus
5-Day Galapagos Islands Cruise
- Intimate moments with unique nature.
- Observe wildlife native to the Galapagos archipelago
- An ideal holiday for adventure and wildlife lovers.
- Comfortable accommodations on board an elegant ship.
Discover the Galapagos Islands by traveling directly to the “Heart of the Archipelago” onboard a small, comfortable cruise ship.
The singular islands that make up this part of the Galapagos invite you to discover their exquisite terrain and their native wildlife. Hike along rugged island trails and observe sea lions playing in the surf. Don your snorkeling gear and watch sea turtles, sting rays, and maybe even sea horses swim by.
This 5-day cruise offers the adventure of a lifetime in one of the world's most renowned nature preserves. Come and see the wealth of biodiversity that exists within this wildlife paradise.
- Accommodations in double cabins (double bed or 2 single beds) with private bathroom
- All meals, water, tea, and coffee
- All excursions as described in the program (subject to change) with bilingual guide (Spanish / English)
- Airport assistance at Quito airport (when flight and cruise are booked together)
- All transfers to Galapagos (Airport-Yacht-Airport only included when booked together)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Bath and beach towels
- International and National (Ecuador-Galapagos-Ecuador) flights
- Galapagos National Park Entrance, USD 100 per person (To be paid upon arrival, in cash)
- Transit Control Card, USD 20 per person (To be paid upon departure from mainland to Galapagos, in cash)
- Galapagos Airport Transport, if the flight has not been booked together
- Baltra airport bus, USD 5 per way per person, if the flight has not been booked together (To be paid in Galapagos, in cash)
- If necessary, single room supplement
- Optional wetsuit (to be paid in cash only)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks (to be paid in cash only)
- Personal expenses, extras & gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Flight to Galapagos (USD 550 per person)
- Shuttle Ride from a hotel in Quito or Guayaquil to the airport (if the flight is booked with us and on the same day when the cruise starts)
- Single supplement (50% surcharge)
- Child discount (20%) - Only applicable for one child under 12 years of age travelling with two full paying passengers.
- Wetsuit rental (USD 40 per person for the entire cruise) - To be paid on board, in cash
|Trip Dates||Days||Min/Max Passengers||Price (p.p.)||Single Room Supplement||Status|
|Jun 07, 2019 until Jun 11, 2019||5||1/16||$ 2,085||$ 3,128||G||Bookable||Request|
|Jun 21, 2019 until Jun 25, 2019||5||1/16||$ 2,085||$ 3,128||G||Bookable||Request|
Welcome to the Galapagos Islands!
Upon arrival at Seymour Ecological Airport, go through a few formalities (check-up, TCC stamp, entrance fee) and meet your guide as you exit arrivals.
Take a short bus ride to the harbor of Puerto Ayora, where you will climb aboard the yacht Solaris for an unforgettable holiday cruising around the Galapagos Islands. After meeting the captain and crew, your cabins will be assigned to you. Settle in and relax over lunch onboard the ship.
Your first excursion will be to Chinese Hat, a 170-ft-high volcanic cone, that forms an islet off the rocky coast of Santiago, where a small colony of Galapagos penguins have settled. Approaching Chinese Hat from the north, you will understand the meaning of the name. This is an excellent place to learn more about volcanoes, lava bombs and lava tunnels.
Encounter Sea Turtles and Sting Rays
When you wake up this morning, look out your window at Cowley Islet, located off the coast of Isla Isabela. A popular diving site due to the many incredible species located in the waters here, the islet is home to a range of shark species, Galapagos sea lions, stingrays, green sea turtles, cormorants, penguins, manta rays, and more. If you’re lucky, you may encounter sea horses.
In the afternoon, cruise to Albany Islet, a sloping rock situated off the Northwest Point of Isla Santiago. This is a great site to observe tiger nudibranchs, sea turtles, Galapagos black coral, barnacles, Galapagos sharks and golden eagle rays.
Explore the Moon-Like Terrain of Sullivan Bay
Today, we will have a “wet-landing” at Egas Port, and take a leisurely discovery walk along island trails and the dramatic shoreline of the black-sand beach. Here, you will see sea lions, Sally Lightfoot crabs, marine iguanas, and Galapagos fur seals, as well as a variety of bird-life, such as Darwin’s finches and yellow warblers.
The afternoon continues with an excursion to Sullivan Bay. Arriving here is like landing on the moon. The desolate, sprawling fields appears lifeless, but this island, which is particularly popular among photographers, still offers a lot to see. Green sea turtles burrow in the small white sand beach, where you can also find crabs, blue herons, and oyster catchers.
Walk Across Rabida's Red Beach
After a "wet landing" on the red beach of Rabida, you will embark on a pair of short, guided hikes. On Isla Rabida, oxidized iron particles give the rocks and sand their rusty color. Observe the sea life in Rabida's emerald green lagoon, which is the most fertile place on the otherwise arid islet. The salty pool attracts all kind of aquatic birds, like pintails and sometimes American flamingos.
Between the evergreen foliage of the surrounding mangrove bushes many species of songbirds hide and breed, including a colony of brown pelicans.
The volcanic islet of Bartolomé is our next stop. One of the youngest islands in the Galapagos, Bartolomé is lifeless at first glance, but this island offers some of the wildest landscapes and best views of the entire archipelago.
Watch Sea Lions Frolic on the Beach
Though close neighbours, Mosquera and North Seymour offer very different experiences. While North Seymour contains large breeding colonies of boobies and frigate birds, Mosquera is home to one of the largest concentrations of Galapagos sea lions in the entire archipelago. It’s also one of the few spots inside the National Park where you can stroll around freely, without being restricted to a trail.
This morning you will visit the white sand beaches of Mosquera, where sea lions lounge in the sun and roll around in the surf. Then enjoy some free time to explore.
After this excursion, you will be escorted to the airport for your flight to Quito or Guayaquil. We wish you pleasant travels!