%ORIGIN% to Sri Lanka
trip.me Payment Plus
Main travel focus
6-Day Exloring Sri Lanka Tour
- Learn about the spices of Sri Lanka and experience a walk through nature
- Enjoy a private wildlife safari in Minneriya National Park
- Enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan lunch at a local restaurant
- Enjoy this private tour with an English speaking guide and driver
Sri Lanka is a magnificent island which preserves the beautiful nature and diversity of life in its natural state. In this nine day excursion tour, you'll experience the best that Sri Lanka has to offer from the wildlife and nature, to climbing the amazing Sigiriya Rock Fortress (considered a UNESCO World Heritage site and 8th Wonder of The World), as well as, the hustle and bustle in the largest city in Sri Lanka, Colombo!
This is a perfect travel package if you wish to experience both the authentic nature and the city life of Sri Lanka!
- Transportation in a private air conditioned vehicle with English speaking chauffeur / guide
- Accommodation on Half Board Basis, (meals include dinner beginning on day 1 and final day of tour with breakfast)
- Entrance fees to Pinnawala and Minneriya (includes jeep cost, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple and Peradeniya Garden)
- All government taxes/fees
- International flights
- Transportation on leisure / beach days
- Additional lunch, dinner and beverages, not mentioned via itinerary
- Entrance fees for additional sites, not mentioned in itinerary
- Optional lunch at the local restaurants ($12 USD per/person)
- Water sports during the beach stays (starts at $20 USD)
Example Trip to customize
Welcome To Colombo!
Upon arrival at Colombo International Airport, you will be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel in Negombo.
Spend the rest of the day at your leisure in Negombo, one of Sri Lanka's largest fishing centers and is famous for products such as coconuts, cinnamon, ceramics and brass ware.
Make New Friends At The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage!
After breakfast at your hotel, you will transfer to Habarana. On the way, we will make a quick stop to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, home to hundreds of abandoned or injured elephants who are now looked after with warm love, care and affection.
Soon after, we will continue your journey to Habarana where you will check into your hotel and have dinner.
A Morning Safari In Minneriya And A View Of The 8th Wonder Of The World
After breakfast at your hotel, you'll visit Minneriya National Park for a morning safari!
Didn't get enough of elephants yesterday? Don't worry, since Minneriya is another sanctuary for elephants, considered of of the largest elephant gatherings in the World! The park is also home to monkeys, deer, leopards, and even the Sri Lankan sloth bear. The Minneriya reservoir is home to many water birds, such as the painted stork and the spot billed pelican.
After seeing all these amazing animals, we will transfer to Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Did you know Sigiriya is a UNESCO site and the 8th Wonder of the World? You'll get a chance to explore this historic site followed by a return journey back to your hotel in Habarana.
Arrival In The Sacred City Of Kandy
After breakfast at your hotel, you will drive to Matale where you visit a local spice garden to learn all about the different spices grown here such as nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon, clove, and cardamom. You will also have a chance to purchase some spices to bring back home.
Next, is a drive to the scared city of Kandy, located in the center of Sri Lanka and famous for many historic sites including temples, botanical gardens and the Kandy Esala Perahera, one of the oldest and grandest Buddhist festivals in Sri Lanka.
Explore Peradeniya Garden In The Morning, And The City Of Colombo At Night
After a delicious breakfast, you'll transfer to Peradeniya Garden.
This beautiful 147-acre garden is located 4 miles from Kandy and was first built as a pleasure garden by a Sinhala King, but later was expanded by The British. Walk this beautiful garden with its manicured lawns, pavilions, octagon conservatory, numerous flower beds and a giant Javan fig tree. Don't forget to visit the best attraction - the orchard house.
After a day in nature, we'll depart for the city of Colombo. In Colombo, you'll check into your hotel and leave soon after for an evening tour of Sri Lanka's largest city to explore both new and old sights!
After the tour, head back to your hotel for dinner and enjoy you final night in the country!