General Terms and Conditions
1. In reference to the access and use of the internet site www.trip.me (hereafter referred to as “Website”), the following are the Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as “Terms”), clarified for the User (hereafter referred to as “User”). The User is not entitled to use the website, if he does not accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. These terms apply exclusively to TET Travel Expert Technologies GmbH (hereafter referred to as „trip.me“): Any conditions of the User, that are contrary to or deviating from our general conditions will not be recognized, unless trip.me has agreed expressly to their validity in writing.
3. trip.me retains all rights to the Website, Applications, Goods and Services and the Terms and Conditions at all times and may, at its sole discretion, change or alter them at any time, without prior notice. Any changes of these Terms and Conditions shall be disclosed to the User on this website. The User accepts these changes with the continued use of the Website.
4. trip.me retains the right to prohibit individual users from having access to or using the Website, based on ist sole discretion.
1. trip.me provides on its online platform to potential travelers direct contact to destination experts from hand selected local agencies having their seats of business worldwide (hereafter referred to individually as “Agency”), who will individually plan, agree on and carry out a personalized trip.
2. trip.me’s duty is solely procuring a contact on the online platform. trip.me is neither a travel agent nor a tour operator. All contractual agreements in regard to the respective trip are concluded directly between the Traveler and the Agency, based on the general terms and conditions of the Agency. This also applies in the event that the booking confirmation from the Agency is sent to the Traveler through the trip.me website and also in the event that the Traveler effects the payment for the trip through the trip.me website.
3. trip.me does not receive any payment from the User for the service of connecting the User to a local Agency through their online platform. In the event of a mediated trip, trip.me shall, however, receive a service fee of 2.5 percent of the travel price from the Traveler which will be disclosed in the trip offer and included in the total travel price provided the Traveler chooses to effect his payment through trip.me. The service fee is due and payable when the Traveler remits his payment through trip.me.
1. The website and services offered by trip.me are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years of age and older.
2. The User is obligated to ensure that all information is complete and accurate. Furthermore, he/she is obligated to to keep their information up-to-date, without a reminder and on a continual basis.
3. The User is obligated to discretely handle and use their potential username and password and not to share it with a third party. Upon the suspicion that login data is being misused, the User is required to immediately inform trip.me.
4. Users that participate in discussion forums and commentaries are obligated in their entries to refrain from all abusive language, illegal content, pornography or crude language, to accept sole responsible for the content posted by them, and must ensure that the rights of the third party (namely trademark, creator, and personal rights) are not violated.
5. The User ensures that trip.me will not and cannot be held responsible for aformentioned actions caused by a third party pertaining to the User´s entries on the website or in any forums, nor in comments used in any kind of advertisement or used in forums and comments for any kind of commercial activity.
1. The online offer from trip.me contains data and information of all kinds, which are protected by trademark and / or copyright law (e.g. trademark rights, copyrights, design rights) for the benefit of trip.me, or in individual cases also third parties. It is therefore, not allowed, to use the service outside of the corporation´s specified limitations or without prior consent from trip.me (e. g. publishing, duplicating or distributing). The User does not have the right to use legally protected contents or material in any way, outside of the specified use of service as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
2. In the case that the User utilizes the trip.me website to create and / or publish their own material (e.g. text, fotos, videos) and links, and/or duplicate and distribute said material, making it available to the public, the user is only permitted to utilize this website function with material that they own the legal rights to, with proper respect to the laws and practices and specifically referring to intangible assets and third party privacy rights. Regarding all provided materials by the User, they are obligated to follow the necessary requirements and ensure that all information is correct and up to date.
3. The User hereby grants trip.me the nonexclusive, royalty free and not restricted by time or place right of use of the materials presented, to use as part of the service of trip.me. The right of use in its content shall be restricted to what is useful and necessary for the provision of service from trip.me.
4. trip.me retains the right, to not openly publish the provided fees and to remove the published fees from the Website. trip.me also retains the right, to edit or remove any commentary and/or discussion board entries at their own discretion, while respecting the rights of the User.
1. trip.me’s contractual liability as a mediator of travel services shall be limited for damages that are no cases of death, personal injury or injury to health and - apart from cases of intentional fault or gross negligence or any damages committed solely by any legal representative or agent - to an amount of three times of the price of the mediated trip per User and trip. In the event of any claims based on tortious acts, apart from cases of intentional fault or gross negligence, trip.me shall be liable for any loss of property in the amount of three times of the total price of the mediated trip per User and trip. These limitations of liability do not apply to any cases of death, personal injury or injury to health.
2. Any claims of the Traveler concerning damages that are no cases of death, personal injury or injury to health, shall be time barred within one year in the event that the Traveler’s damage has not been caused by any breach of duty committed grossly negligent by any agent or legal representative of trip.me. The Limitation of Claim shall begin with the end of the year in which the claim arose and when the customer has received knowledge of the circumstances given rise to the claim and of trip.me as debtor or when the customer should have received this knowledge without any gross negligence. All claims based on tortious acts as well as any claims for the damage of personal injury shall be time-barred as set forth by law.
1. The Law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to these Terms and Conditions and all legal relations between trip.me and the User exclusively.
2. As far as our User is merchant, legal person under public law, or a separate estate under public law, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes, including international disputes, resulting directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship, is the place of business of trip.me; we are, however, authorized to sue the customer at the court of his place of residence. The same applies, when the customer does not have a place of jurisdiction in his home country, has changed his residence to abroad, or his residence or place of residence at the moment of filing a complaint is unknown.
3. If one or more of these Terms should be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining Terms. In the case of invalidity of one or more individual provisions, the parties undertake to replace such invalid provisions with legally valid provisions that correspond as closely as possible to the legal and economic intent of the invalid provisions.
© 2015, trip.me