trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Hot Air Balloon
- Wildlife Watching
- Bird Watching
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
8-Day Essentials Of Kenya And Tanzania Tour
- Visit Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya
- Explore Serengeti National Park in Tanzania
- Fantastic game viewing and wildlife encounters
- Enjoy the beauty of Ngorongoro Crater And Arusha
It is ideal for those who want to have a safari experience in these two countries for 8 days.
Explore the most emblematic areas of Africa, such as the Maasai Mara National Reserve, which is one of the most beloved destinations with amazing landscapes, the Serengeti National Park, famous for the migrations of various species and the conservation area of Ngorongoro with its amazing crater and wildlife.
- All park and conservation fees (including Ngorongoro Crater service)
- 4 wheel drive vehicle with safari pop-up roof, unlimited mileage, and guide/driver
- Binoculars (1 unit per car)
- Full-board accommodation during the safari
- Unlimited Water
- Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Tips for Guide (recommended $10 to $20 USD per person per/day)
- Meals outside safari (unless mentioned otherwise)
- Visa for Tanzania
- International Airfares and Airport taxes
- Safari Activities
- Night Game Drive at Lake Manyara NP
- Canoeing Tour at Lake Manyara NP -
- Treetop Walking at Lake Manyara NP
- Balloon flight in the Serengeti
- Cultural and Scenic Activities during Safari Days
- Visit to Masai Village
- Bike Ride in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Ngorongoro Rim
- Visit to Olduvai Gorge
- 4W Drive in Karatu Coffee Farms (walking coffee tour & lunch at Gibbs Farm included. Min. bikes: 2)
- Arusha Town Free Days
- Day Trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro (visit waterfalls and surrounding valley with coffee/banana farms. Lunch included)
- Short Trek in Mt. Kilimanjaro to 1st Base - (suitable for 1- or 2-day timeframes, via Marangu Route)
- Day Trip to Masai Village (lunch included)
- Horse Ride in Private Reserve (ride among wildebeest and antelopes)
- Coffee Plantation Tour in Private Coffee Plantation (2h duration, can be done in the morning or afternoon)
- 4W Drive in Private Coffee Plantation (walking coffee tour & lunch at Coffee Lodge included. Min. bikes: 2)
Example Trip to customize
Welcome To Kenya!
Early in the morning, drive to the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
It holds on as one of the few places left on Earth where wildlife still lives comparatively undisturbed, in the numbers that once roamed the plains and forests of Africa.
As the northern tip of the vast Serengeti ecosystem, the Mara hosts the spectacular seasonal migration of many thousands of wildebeest, zebras and attendant predators.
Arrive in time for lunch followed by an afternoon game drive to admire the splendid flora and fauna around you. Why don't you go on an extra balloon flight over the Mara plains! An awesome view will open up in front of your eyes.
Discover The Majestic Maasai Mara
Get ready to discover the Maasai Mara for two more full days with flexible schedule and unlimited mileage.
After breakfast, go for a full day game drive with packed lunch provided.
The reserve is well known for its black-manned lion, as well as its abundant resident wildlife and it's one of the few places where it's possible to see the big five during a morning game drive.
Get Closer To The Tame Cheetahs At the Maasai Mara
Explore Maasai Mara otherworldly natural haven for one more day.
After breakfast, go for a full day game drive again with packed lunch provided.
Many of the cheetahs are so tame they seek shelter from the hot sun under one's vehicle and several even climb onto the roof to get better view of prospective prey.
For bird enthusiasts, almost 500 species have been recorded: among these 16 species of eagle, plus many hawks and falcons, 6 species of vultures, 8 species of storks, 4 of bustard (including the Kori bustard, the world's heaviest flying bird), and 9 species of sun birds.
Drive To Magnificent Serengeti National Park
Initiate the day with an early morning game drive in the Maasai Mara while driving out of the national reserve.
After border formalities, drive to the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.
On the way, you will have the option to stop at the famous Olduvai Gorge, where Dr. Louis and Mary Leakey made their discovery of the first man that walked the Earth.
After attending a short lecture describing the archeological digs and geology of the gorge, you'll have time to visit the small museum. It will be a long day of driving but the game drives in and out of the parks can be surprisingly incredible, so will be kept entertained all of the time.
Have a delicious dinner and stay overnight at a campsite or lodge and rest surrounded by the peaceful noises of the nature around you.
Delve Into The Jaw-Dropping Beauty Of The Serengeti
Prepare to enjoy the next two full days immersed in the Serengeti with flexible schedule and unlimited mileage.
As you crest the hillside, spread out before you, as far as the eyes can see, is the vast Serengeti. Serengeti mean "endless plains" in Kiswahili and this 6,900 sq. mile (18,000 sq. km) park is inhabited by more than 2 million large animals including more than a million wildebeest, hundreds of thousands of plains zebras, and Thomson's gazelles. Large predators including lions, cheetahs, and hyenas are drawn to the area by this abundance of prey migrating throughout the park. Many smaller animals like rock hyrax, bat eared foxes, mongoose, honey badger, jackals, monkeys, baboons and African hares also inhabit the area along with nearly 500 species of birds.
Go on an afternoon game drive on the way to the campsite to spot many of these majestic animals.
Continue Your Adventure In The Mesmerizing Serengeti
Continue discovering the incredible diversity of the Serengeti.
Roam around the park and enjoy this once -in-a-lifetime game drive to the max!
Witness The Amazing Wildlife Spectacle At Ngorongoro
Today, wake up very early to go on an early morning safari before breakfast to spot the animals when they are more active and also to enjoy the fantastic sunrise. The sunrise in the African Savannah is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have. You will be left speechless by the gorgeous view of the rising sun!
After the game drive, return to the camp for brunch. In the afternoon, transfer to Ngorongoro, the 8th natural wonder of the world.
With walls 2,000 ft high and a crater floor that spreads for 102 sq. miles, the crater is a virtual Noah's Ark, inhabited by almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa including the rare black rhino. In fact, the crater has the greatest concentration of wild life on the planet.
Transfer to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay. You will have the possibility of going on an afternoon walking safari in the Ngorongoro Highlands
Explore The Fabulous Ngorongoro Crater!
Start the day very early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife in one of the most stunning places on Earth, one of the Wonders of the Natural World.
It contains a river, several swamps, a soda lake that, from the top, looks like steam, a flamboyance of flamingoes, a forest and open plains. The large bull elephants that reside here have extremely large tusks due to the rich mineral content of the volcanic soil and its grasses. They are the most incredible elephants you'll ever see in your life. After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo lake. After lunch, you will have time for a short game drive and to ascend the crater and exit the Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha.
We expect to be back in Arusha around 5pm although we are flexible in case there is a flight to catch or another situation.