trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Meet the Locals
- Hot Air Balloon
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
7-Day Luxury Safari in Tanzania with Balloon Trip
- Sunrise balloon ride above the Serengeti plain with amazing views of the migration
- Enjoy a number of extra amenities in the 4x4 car while having amazing wildlife encounters!
- Unbeaten luxury in the best accommodation available! You will have enough time to enjoy the incredible lodges.
- See four of Tanzania´s famous national parks in a short period of time! (Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire, Lake Manyara)
Experience a world of adventure and luxury during this 7-day safari! Many little extras, surprises, and the best lodges will make you feel truly comfortable during your trip to four of Tanzania´s most famous national parks.
Spot the “Big Five” in Ngorongoro Crater and look at remarkable wildlife in Tarangire National Park on exciting game drives. At Lake Manyara National Park, you might even see tree-climbing lions. You can also witness one of the world’s best wildlife experiences: the migration of millions of zebras and wildebeest in Serengeti. Another highlight here is a sunrise balloon ride above the Serengeti plain. It's definitely an experience you will never forget!
- All accommodation with full board
- Drinks inclusive in the lodges
- All transfers and safaris in our own Toyota 4x4 Landcruiser (converted for safari with a pop-up roof) with charging capability for electronic devices, air-conditioner and refrigerator
- Unlimited mileage for the car within the scope of the agreed trip
- Professional English-speaking driver-guide
- Entrance fees for all national parks
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Balloon safari in Serengeti
- Drinking water, coffee and tea for all travelers
- A selection of wine, beer, champagne and soft drinks during the safari
- A variety of snacks during the safari
- Hot lunch every day on your own private table
- Day room on the last day, to refresh yourself before your journey home
- WiFi on board
- A pair of binoculars
- Flying Doctor first aid insurance
- Transfers to and from the airport
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Various hikes in different regions (to waterfalls, hot springs, craters, mountains or just walking through the beautiful Tanzanian landscape)
- Mountain climbing (Full-day hiking tours as well as summit-climbs)
- Tengeru Cultural Project (coffee farm tour, canoeing on Lake Duluti, various hikes, school visit)
- Visit to the Hadzabe and Datoga tribe
- Visit of a Maasai village
- School visit
- Visit to a local market
- Arusha town tour (includes Shanga workshop by the disabled, local market visit and Cultural Heritage Gallery)
- Coffee tour
- Karatu village local bricks industry visit
- Additional days in Tanzania
- Beach holiday in Zanzibar
Example Trip to customize
Welcome to Tanzania!
Touch down at the Kilimanjaro Airport near Arusha. After a warm welcome, you will be driven to your wonderful hotel.
Spend this first day at your leisure, and let the first sights and sounds of the country soak in. You can also get a short safari briefing for the coming days with your guide.
Afterward, relax in the comfort of your hotel and get set for the exciting days ahead.
Go on a Game Drive at Tarangire National Park
Let’s get going! Travel to the Tarangire National Park that is just a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Arusha. You will get a sense of the impressive vastness of Tanzania during your drive.
Along the way, you can also have short stops at villages to drop by a store or look at the market to see the local goods.
Are you ready for your first game drive of this tour? In the afternoon you'll head to the Tarangire National Park, which has the highest concentration of wildlife after the Serengeti.
Wildebeests, zebras, lions, elephants, impalas, buffaloes, giraffes, gazelles and many bird species can be found here. Animals often quench their thirst at the Tarangire River during the dry season. Equally fascinating is the landscape dotted with baobabs (monkey-bread trees), and breathtaking views of the Maasai steppe and mountains to the south.
Later, return to your luxurious lodge for dinner.
Spot Tree-climbing Lions at Lake Manyara Park
Today you will journey to the Lake Manyara National Park at the foot of the Rift Valley escarpment.
For a large part of the year, the park is a rainforest-like green oasis containing areas of swamps. Two-thirds of the park is occupied by Lake Manyara, which looks like a sea of pink during the flamingo season when thousands of these birds arrive.
On your game drive, you will spot animals and several bird species including pelicans, egrets, vultures, osprey, and many others.
Stop to enjoy a picnic with scenic views of the lake.
Drive past small rivers and lakes where you can see hippo families frolicking in the pools. With a little luck, your guide will find tree-climbing lions lounging majestically on the horizontal branches of umbrella acacia trees. It’s quite a sight!
Have a Fun Journey to Serengeti National Park
Take in the views of the captivating landscape as you travel to your next stop, the magnificent Serengeti National Park.
During this full day tour, you can also request elements from our extensive cultural program to be included in your itinerary.
Just before you reach your destination, take a break at Naabi Hill Gate, the entry point to the Serengeti. Here, you can climb the little lookout point to see a great view of the terrain.
Continue onwards to your luxurious lodge camp with beautiful views. On your way to the accommodation, you might also spot some animals.
After you arrive and check in, you have the rest of the day at leisure to enjoy the beauty of the lodge and the landscape.
Enjoy a Sunrise Balloon Safari and Game Drive
Set out to meet your pilot for an early morning hot-air balloon safari above the Serengeti.
Take off on a ride that offers a fascinating perspective of the park and the wildlife. Your balloon floats in whatever direction the winds of the day are heading to, giving you an unforgettable sunrise adventure.
Later, continue your game drive (with hot lunch) along the vast grassland scattered with protruding rocks known as kopjes. More than a million wildebeest, thousands of Thomson’s gazelles and zebras, elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, and other species live here.
During the annual migration, about two million wildebeests and zebras move along the grazing grounds in a cycle that is always the same. Your guide will choose an area where you are most likely to observe the migratory herds, which can be up to 40 km long. Afterward, return to your lodge.
See Stunning Wildlife at the Ngorongoro Crater
Have you ever seen amazing wildlife in a crater?
After breakfast, leave the Serengeti to drive to the Ngorongoro Crater. Today, you will experience a full-day safari at one of the largest volcanic craters in the world.
Thousands of large mammals and hundreds of bird species inhabit this area that also has a high density of predators. In a landscape crisscrossed by lakes, swamps, rivers, forests, and mountains, you will spot elephants, zebras, wildebeests, antelopes, and buffaloes.
You are also most likely to see the Big Five – elephant, black rhino, buffalo, lion, and leopard. Consider yourself very lucky if you also discover one of the endangered black rhinos! Interestingly, the Maasai people live in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area side by side with the wildlife.
Proceed to your lodge in Karatu after the safari.
See you again, Tanzania!
Today, you will drive back to Arusha, a journey of about three hours.
Along the way, see the beautiful landscape and pass by small villages. Relax with a selection of snacks and beverages or, if you wish to, you can go online with the equipped "WiFi on board".
Later, you will be driven to the airport for your onward travel. Farewell!