trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Meet the Locals
- Wildlife Watching
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
5 Day Tour in Tanzania
- Our stars, the best of the best, hired through the most thorough recruitment system and paid well above average
- Our lunches are full hot meals, served in complete tableware and accompanied by drinks and wine
- Fantastic game viewing and wildlife encounters
- Our local experts will advise on the best locations for the time of year and optimum itinerary for your budget
This is a 5 days safari tour in Tanzania that will allow you to visit Tarangire (which has the largest concentration of elephants in the whole country) or Lake Manyara (home to a large number of hippos).
You will then have the chance to visit Central Serengeti (where you can witness the Great Migration), and in the end, explore Ngorongoro crater (the world's largest inactive, intact and unfilled volcanic caldera).
This trip will showcase the best of Tanzania for you!
- All park and conservation fees - including Ngorongoro Crater service
- 4WD vehicle with safari pop-up roof, unlimited mileage and guide/driver
- Binoculars (1 unit per car)
- Full board accommodation during the safari
- Unlimited Water
- Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Tips for Guide (recommended $10 to $20 USD/per person per day)
- Meals outside safari (unless mentioned otherwise)
- International visa for Tanzania
- International Airfares and Airport taxes
- Night Game Drive in Lake Manyara National Park
- Canoeing Tour in Lake Manyara National Park
- Treetop Walking in Lake Manyara National Park
- Balloon flight in the Serengeti
- Visit to Masai Village
- Bike Ride in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Ngorongoro Rim
- Visit to Olduvai Gorge
- 4W Drive in Karatu Coffee Farms (walking coffee tour & lunch at Gibbs Farm included. Min. bikes: 2)
- Day Trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro (visit waterfalls and surrounding valley with coffee/bananas farms. Lunch included)
- Short Trek in Mt. Kilimanjaro to 1st Base - (suitable for 1 or 2 days timeframes, via Marangu Route)
- Day Trip to Masai Village (lunch included)
- Horse Ride in Private Reserve (ride among wildebeest and antelopes)
- Coffee Plantation Tour in Private Coffee Plantation (2h duration, can be done during morning or afternoon)
- 4W Drive in Private Coffee Plantation (walking coffee tour & lunch at Coffee Lodge included. Min. bikes: 2)
Example Trip to customize
Visit Manyara or Tarangire
Welcome! Today, visit either Tarangire or Lake Manyara National Park! The lake is home to a large number of hippos. Some unique facts about this park include the tree climbing lions, flamingos in the lake shore, as well as the Ground Hornbill and the Crested Eagle.
The landscapes of Lake Manyara are something that can not be described with words, and the game drives along the lake provide stunning photo opportunities of giraffes and buffaloes in the foreground and the lake (and its flamingos) in the background.
During this day, some extra tours are possible, including a bike tour or a boat excursion. In the afternoon, transfer to the camp for dinner.
Look for the Big Five Today!
After an early breakfast, depart towards the most famous National park in the World, the Serengeti. The driving itself, although long, is spectacular. You will drive up the crater highlands, making a quick stop at the rim for an out of this world view of Ngorongoro Crater.
It is the home of the Great Migration and to 2 million wildebeests, hundreds of thousands of zebras and all kinds of antelopes including the abundant impalas and Thomson's gazelles. As for Big Cats and large predators, it's the place of choice to look out for lions, cheetahs, leopards, hyenas, with many television scenes like the famous river crossings having been filmed in this park.
Smaller animals like foxes, mongoose, honey badgers, jackals, monkeys, baboons, rock hyrax, and African hares, together with more than 500 species of birds, also inhabit this park.
Go on a Safari in the Serengeti
Today, see one of the best sunrises you'll ever witness. It's really one of the most beautiful experiences to have. After the game drive, you will return to the camp for a rewarding brunch and then proceed to Ngorongoro, the 8th wonder of the Natural World.
The crater spreads for 102 sq. miles and has 2.000 ft high walls, making it virtually a Noah's ark and inhabiting almost every species of wildlife that is indigenous to East Africa. It's one of the very rare locations in the whole continent where you can witness the black Rhino.
The crater has a river, several swamps, a soda lake with a great concentration of flamingos, a forest and open plains. It's also famous for its elephants which are the largest in the world and have huge tusks.
Spend a Day in Ngorongoro Crater
You will start the day very early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife in one of the most stunning places on earth. After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful Hippo Lake.
After lunch, you will have time for a short game drive and then ascend the crater and exit Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha.
Catch your outgoing flight from Arusha. Safe travels, and visit soon!