trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Meet the Locals
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
4-Day Essence Of Tanzania
- Explore the extraordinary Ngorongoro Crater
- See Kilimanjaro on a day trip
- Visit Tarangira National Park
- Go on a full-day game drive at Lake Manyara
This tour is the perfect itinerary for those who only have 4 days available and wish to visit the most famous national parks in Tanzania.
Except for the Serengeti, this tour will give you a great understanding of Tanzanian national parks in a short amount of time, and at the end you will be able to visit Mt. Kilimanjaro on a day trip.
- All park and conservation fees - including Ngorongoro Crater service
- 4WD vehicle with safari pop-up Roof, unlimited mileage and guide/driver
- Binoculars (1 unit per car)
- Full-board accommodation during the safari
- Unlimited Water
- Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Tips for guide (recommended $10 to $20 USD per person per day)
- Meals outside safari (unless mentioned otherwise)
- International visa for Tanzania
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Night Game Drive in Lake Manyara National Park
- Canoeing Tour in Lake Manyara National Park
- Treetop Walking in Lake Manyara NP
- Visit to Masai Village
- Bike Ride in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Ngorongoro Rim
- Visit to Olduvai Gorge
- 4W Drive in Karatu Coffee Farms (walking coffee tour & lunch at Gibbs Farm included. Min. bikes: 2)
- Short Trek in Mt. Kilimanjaro to 1st Base - (suitable for 1 or 2 days timeframes, via Marangu Route)
- Day Trip to Masai Village (lunch included)
- Horse Ride in Private Reserve (ride among wildebeest and antelopes)
- Coffee Plantation Tour in Private Coffee Plantation (2h duration, can be done during morning or afternoon)
- 4W Drive in Private Coffee Plantation (walking coffee tour & lunch at Coffee Lodge included. Min. bikes: 2)
Example Trip to customize
Head to Tarangire National Park
We will pick you up and take you to a very special national park.
Tarangire is famous for its diverse landscape with nine different vegetation zones. The park is particularly known for its abundance of ancient baobab trees (the largest trees in the continent), which fill the landscape and dwarf the animals next to them.
The river of the park is full of wildlife ranging from a large variety of birds to lions, leopards, zebras, giraffes, buffaloes, antelopes and, of course, elephants. In fact, the park has the largest concentration of elephants in the whole country and provides unique chances to observe the interaction between elephant families.
The lunch area is fascinating, boasting an observatory with amazing views to the river and wildlife.
In the afternoon you'll still go on a game drive before continuing to your accommodation.
Go on a Full-Day Game Drive in Lake Manyara
Start early in the morning for a full-day game drive in Lake Manyara.
Although small in dimension, the park boasts breathtaking scenery and it's famous for its lush acacia forest, giant figs and mahogany trees, as well as for a growing population of baboons and blue monkeys.
Permanent residents of this park also include giraffes, elephants, impalas, and a huge amount of buffaloes.
The lake is also home to a large number of hippos.
The park houses tree climbing lions and flamingos in the lake shore. The landscapes of Lake Manyara are simply spectacular!
In the afternoon, transfer to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Explore the Extraordinary Ngorongoro Crater
The Ngorongoro Crater is considered a natural wonder. It's virtually a Noah's ark, housing almost every species of wildlife that is indigenous to East Africa. It's one of the very rare locations in the whole continent where you can spot the black rhino.
The crater has a river, several swamps, a soda lake with a great concentration of flamingos, a forest, and open plains.
Start the day early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife in one of the most stunning places on Earth.
After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo lake.
Following lunch, you'll have time for a short game drive and then ascend the crater and exit Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha for overnight rest.
Go on a Day Trip to Kilimanjaro
Set out from Arusha hotel and transfer towards the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Visit the Marangu Falls, go swimming, and experience stunning landscapes. The waterfalls are situated in the Kilimanjaro National Park, surrounded by lush landscapes to the foothills of the Kilimanjaro.
The splendid, green areas are also home to the most fantastic trees and exotic plants. Hike through tropical forests and visit stunning waterfalls.
The local community has capitalized on this to make a modest living by producing coffee and bananas.
See the entire process of collecting, roasting, and grinding coffee in the village. A local farmer will welcome you and teach you how he practices his art.
Finish the tour with some freshly brewed coffee. At the end of the day, transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Happy travels and visit again soon!