trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Bird Watching
- Meet the Locals
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
3-Day Africa Northern Circuit Special
- Look for tree-climbing lions and flamingos in Lake Manyara National Park.
- See Tanzania's largest elephant herds in Tarangire National Park.
- See the endangered black rhinoceros in Ngorongoro.
- Spot the Big Five!
You don't need a lot of time to see a lot of Tanzania!
The three day Northern Circuit Special takes you through three of Tanzania's famous Northern Circuit Parks: Lake Manyara National Park, Tarangire National Park, and the real treat - the world-famous Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
From Manyara's tree climbing lions and Tarangire's large elephant population to the stunning environment and wildlife diversity of the World Heritage listed Ngorongoro Conservation Area, you'll have the time of your life chasing the Big Five in these three fantastic parks.
- All meals on the safari. When staying at lodges it will be on full board basis and when budget camping then our accompanying chef will prepare delicious warm meals.
- All Park entrance fees & taxes.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
- Camping equipment if applicable (tents mattresses sleeping bags pillows table and chairs)
- Flying Doctors rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Shadows of Africa.
- Game safari to national parks as specified.
- Hotel/lodge/camp accommodation for the duration of the safari.
- Private 4x4 vehicle with a roof hatch and sliding windows for 360 degree view of the wildlife surrounding you.
- First aid kit - Every safari vehicle comes standard with a fully stocked first aid kit. Our guides are all trained in providing basic first aid.
- Spare tires - for any unforeseen issues that may arise on bumpy African outback
- Charging station - Each car includes a charging station so you can charge your phone, camera battery, or laptop while on the road.
- WiFi - The Tanzanian vehicles come standard with WiFi so that you can stay connected while on the road.
- Tea & Coffee - Every safari departs with a box of coffee and tea that can be enjoyed at any point during your safari.
- Binoculars - 1 pair per car.
- Professional English speaking safari and tour guide / driver.
- Water and hot drink (coffee and tea) during safari.
- Wildlife tours according to your itinerary preferences.
- All game viewing activities specified in the Safari.
- Entry visas
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities to safari crew - recommended: 15-20 USD/per day to safari driver
- 10 – 15 USD/per day to safari cook
- Travel insurance
- Masai Visit (USD 15/per person)
- Canopy walk in Lake Manyara (45 USD/per person)
Example Trip to customize
Explore Tarangire National Park
Today, visit Tarangire National Park! En route, you'll pass Masai villages and the vast, open plains that have become synonymous with images of Africa.
Once you've entered Tarangire, you'll begin your game drive across a rich vista of endless golden savannah that surrounds the Tarangire River. Lined with acacia and Baobab trees, the river is regularly visited by the park's large elephant population as well as other herbivores such as zebras and antelopes. A picnic lunch with a view of the river is a great way to take it all in, but you'll have to keep on your toes as the local monkey population does its best to separate you from your lunch!
Driving through the park you'll also have the opportunity to see lions, leopards, cape buffalo, and a huge variety of antelopes. If you're particularly lucky, you might even see endangered animals such as the Greater Kudu or the Fringe-Eared Oryx.
Discover the Wildlife of Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast you'll depart for Ngorongoro Crater; sometimes considered as the 8th Wonder of the World. When you get your first glimpse of this vast, verdant caldera from the panoramic viewpoint, you'll soon understand why it has earned such a lofty reputation.
Home to over 120 species of mammal including the fabled Big Five, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is one of the most sought after safari destinations in the world. It's a particularly good place to see the endangered black rhinoceros, as well as a place to see large numbers of hippopotamus enjoying the cool water.
From the comfort of your open-top vehicle, you'll be able to observe and photograph some of Africa's most recognizable faces. The crater is home to a large number of predators including lions, leopards, cheetahs, jackals, and hyenas, as well as a large population of wildebeest, zebras, and antelope.
Marvel at Lake Manyara National Park's Birds
After breakfast, you'll depart from your hotel for Lake Manyara National Park. The park is truly a photographer's playground and offers some of the best game viewing in the world. You can expect to see all of Africa's most well-known animals, with the tree-climbing lions a particular treat. These proud predators lounge in acacia trees practically begging to be photographed.
Bird-watchers will find Lake Manyara is an absolute delight, with a huge variety of birds on display in the park. Even the novice can expect to be amazed by large flamingo flocks, circling birds of prey, and the brightly colored lilac breasted roller.
In the afternoon, you'll head back to Arusha. From here, you can continue your onward journey. Safe travels, and visit again soon!