trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Meet the Locals
- Wildlife Watching
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
11-Day Safari in Tanzania&Zanzibar Extension
- The best of the best staff, hired through the most thorough recruitment system and paid well above average
- Our lunches are full hot meals, served in complete tableware and accompanied by drinks and wine
- Fantastic game viewing and wildlife encounters
- Our local experts will advise on the best locations for the time of year and optimum itinerary for your budget
This 11-day tour allows you to visit the best of several worlds. You can have an amazing safari adventure combined with a relaxing time in Zanzibar.
You'll visit Tarangire (which has the largest concentration of elephants in the whole country), Lake Manyara (home to a large number of hippos), then have the chance to visit Central Serengeti (where you can witness the Great Migration), explore Ngorongoro crater, and also have fascinating cultural experiences in Lake Eyasi with the Hadzabe tribe.
Finally, you will head to Zanzibar's unforgettable beaches where you can simply relax and enjoy life!
- All park and conservation fees - including Ngorongoro Crater service
- 4WD vehicle with safari Pop up Roof, unlimited mileage and guide/driver
- Binoculars (1 unit per car)
- Full board accommodation during the safari
- Unlimited water
- Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Meals outside safari (unless mentioned otherwise)
- International visa for Tanzania
- International Airfares and Airport taxes
- Tips for Guide (recommended $10 to $20 USD per person per day)
- Night Game Drive in Lake Manyara National Park
- Canoeing Tour in Lake Manyara National Park
- Treetop Walking in Lake Manyara National Park
- Balloon flight in the Serengeti
- Visit to Masai Village
- Bike Ride in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Lake Manyara region/Mto Wa Mbu Village
- Walking Tour in Ngorongoro Rim
- Visit to Olduvai Gorge
- 4W Drive in Karatu Coffee Farms (walking coffee tour & lunch at Gibbs Farm included. Min. bikes: 2)
- Day Trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro (visit waterfalls and surrounding valley with coffee/bananas farms. Lunch included)
- Short Trek in Mt. Kilimanjaro to 1st Base - (suitable for 1 or 2 days timeframes, via Marangu Route)
- Day Trip to Masai Village (lunch included)
- Horse Ride in Private Reserve (ride among wildebeest and antelopes)
- Coffee Plantation Tour in Private Coffee Plantation (2h duration, can be done during morning or afternoon)
- 4W Drive in Private Coffee Plantation (walking coffee tour & lunch at Coffee Lodge included. Min. bikes: 2)
Example Trip to customize
Welcome to Tarangire National Park!
Welcome to Tanzania!
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to a very special national park. Tarangire is famous for its diverse landscape with nine different vegetation zones.
The park is particularly known for the abundance of Ancient Baobab trees (the largest trees in the continent) which fill the landscape and dwarf the animals next to them.
The river of the park is full of wildlife, ranging from a large variety of birds to lions, leopards, zebras, giraffes, buffaloes, antelopes and, of course, elephants. In fact, the park has the largest concentration of elephants in the whole country and provides a unique chance for you to observe the interaction between elephant families!
The lunch area is fascinating, boasting an observatory with amazing views to the river. In the afternoon you will go on a game drive before continuing to your accommodation.
Explore the Sights of Lake Manyara National Park
Embark on a beautiful short journey across the Great Rift Valley until Lake Manyara National Park for a full day game drive.
Although small in size, the park has breathtaking scenery and well famous for its lush acacia forest, giant figs, and mahogany trees, as well as to a growing population of baboons and blue monkeys.
Permanent residents of this park also include giraffes, elephants, impalas and a huge amount of buffaloes. The lake is also home to a large number of hippos. Some unique facts about this park include its population of tree-climbing lions, flamingos in the lake shore, as well as the Ground Hornbill and the Crested Eagle.
During this day, some extra tours are possible, including a bike tour or a boat excursion. In the afternoon, transfer to the camp for dinner.
Welcome to Serengeti National Park
After an early breakfast, depart towards the most famous National park in the World, the Serengeti. The driving itself, although long, is spectacular. You will drive up the crater highlands, making a quick stop at the rim for an out of this world view of Ngorongoro Crater. It's an unforgettable moment for anyone seeing it for the first time.
As you progress well into the Serengeti, you will see why the name means, in the local language, "endless plains". The park has 6,900 sq. mile (18,000 sq. km) and for most of it, the plains will stretch to the horizon defying your senses and perception of distances.
It is the home of the Great Migration and to 2 million wildebeests, hundreds of thousands of zebras and all kinds of antelopes including the abundant impalas and Thomson's gazelles. More than 500 species of birds also inhabit this park.
Spend a Day in the Serengeti
You'll spend today in the Serengeti National Park. On every day of the safari, your guide will discuss with you the best timings for you, including the game drives and the wake-up time.
For example, on this day, you could do a morning game drive, return to the camp for lunch and relaxation and then finish with an afternoon game drive.
Go on Game Drives in the Serengeti
Today is your second day in the Serengeti National Park!
On every day of the safari, your guide will discuss with you the best timings for you, including the game drives and the wake-up time.
For example, on this day, you could do a full day game drive with a picnic lunch.
How will you personalize your tour?
Travel to Ngorongoro Crater
Wake up early to go on an early morning game drive and see one of the best sunrises you'll ever witness.
Return to the camp for a rewarding brunch and then proceed to Ngorongoro Crater, the 8th wonder of the Natural World.
The crater spreads for 102 sq. miles and has 2.000 H high walls, making it a virtual Noah's ark and habitat to almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa. It's one of the very rare locations in the whole continent where you can witness the black Rhino.
It's also famous for its elephants which are the largest in the world and have huge tusks. This is due to the rich mineral content of the volcanic soil and its grasses. Ngorongoro Crater is truly a Wonder of the Natural World.
Descend into Ngorongoro Crater
You will start the day very early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife in one of the most stunning places on Earth.
After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo Lake.
After lunch, you will have time for a short game drive and then ascend the crater and exit Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Lake Eyasi, where you will have a unique and fascinating cultural experience tomorrow.
Converse with the Local Tribes Around Eyasi
Today will be a very special and different day. You will wake up very early, just before sunrise, and follow your guide until he finds the Hadzabe tribe, one of the last truly nomadic tribes in Africa.
After some explanations about the tribe, you will join them in their daily morning activities. This experience is off the beaten track and does not feel touristic by any means. The photographic opportunities are out of this world.
This tour will definitely be a highlight of your safari. The experiences you do with the tribe can either be joining the men in their daily hunting or the women in their fruit gathering session. In either of them, you will learn about many aspects of the Hadzabe way of living.
After finishing the activities with the tribe, you will visit the beautiful Lake Eyasi, a season shallow salt lake on the floor of the Great Rift Valley and then return to Arusha.
Spend Time in Scenic Zanzibar
You can take some rest and enjoy this paradise made of beautiful beaches of white sand and turquoise water of the Indian Ocean.
There is a possibility of extra activities such as a Day Tour in Stone Town, and Spice Tour or Prison Island.
Relax Your Body and Soul in Zanzibar
Today is yours to spend as you wish! You can take some rest and enjoy this paradise made of beautiful beaches of white sand and turquoise water of the Indian Ocean.
Spend the day as you want —relax on the beach, or go for the optional tours available.