trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Bird Watching
- City Tour
- Meet the Locals
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
7-Day Impressions of South Africa
- Breathtaking views on the Cape Peninsula route finishing with sightings of Africa's only penguin colony!
- Private game reserve safaris that will bring you face to face with incredible African wildlife
- Seeing spellbinding views of Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes and majestic falls
- Discover the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
This seven-day trip encompasses the must-see elements of any tour around South Africa.
From the sublime majesty of the Mother City to spellbinding views in the incredible Blyde River Canyon to the stunning wildlife and its environs, this trip has it all!
You'll spend your first three days traveling around the Cape Peninsula, seeing the historic sites and tasting amazing food and wines. Then, go on a quick trip to Blyde River Canyon to take in the breathtaking views.
Finish your trip by spending two days in the legendary Sabi Sands Game reserve, which being on the cusp of the Kruger National Park, will more than satiate your desire to see the fabulous wildlife roaming around in their natural habitat.
- Day 1: Meet and greet at the Cape Town airport (handover of the travel wallet)
- Private transfer from Cape Town Airport to your hotel
- Half-Day Cape Town City Tour
- 3x nights stay at a 4-star B&B hotel in Cape Town
- Entrance to South African Museum
- Day 2: Full-Day Peninsula Tour
- Entrance fee to Cape Point Nature Reserve and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Day 3: Full-Day Winelands Tour
- Cellar tour, three-wine tasting and one-cheese tasting
- Day 4: Private transfer from your hotel to Cape Town Airport
- Private transfer from Nelspruit Airport to your hotel in Graskop
- Full-Day Panorama Day Tours (Blyde River Canyon)
- All entrance fees and lunch
- 1x night in a 4-star hotel in Graskop
- 2x nights full-board at a lodge in Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve
- Including 2 game drives per day and a bush walk
- Day 7: Private transfer from Sabi Sands to Hoetspruit Airport
- National park or reserve entrance fees and any conservation levy not stated as included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Airport taxes and eventual visas
- Domestic and international flights
- Extended stay in Cape Town (from 90 USD/per person per night)
- Extended stay in Private Game Reserve (from 180 USD/per person per night)
- Car Rental Category T (from 33 USD/per day)
- Upgrade to private tour for Cape excursions
Example Trip to customize
Welcome to Cape Town!
Welcome to South Africa!
You will be met at CPT Airport by your knowledgeable guide to ensure that you have everything you need.
Later, enjoy a private transfer from Cape Town Airport to your hotel.
Embark on a half-day tour of Cape Town today.
Get a taste of the thriving center of the Mother City, in the shelter of Table Mountain, a Cape Town city tour is not to be missed.
Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colorful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, the South African Museum, the beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more to see.
With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about Cape Town and its surroundings in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape.
Explore the Beaches Along the Cape
You will go on a tour around the Cape today!
The full-day Peninsula Tour will take you around the entire Cape Peninsula and show you the wonders of Cape Town - from the pristine beaches to the spectacular sight of Cape Point.
Also be sure not to miss the sensational visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. You will also have the option of going to admire the thousands of seals that inhabit the Seal Island.
Simon's Town is the seat of the SA Navy and it has a charming coastal town atmosphere and a vibrant history.
Here you can find a thriving harbor, a toy museum, navy museum and plenty of other sights.
You'll also find Boulders Beach, which is one of the only places in the world that you can swim alongside penguins.
Enjoy Wine Tasting in the Stellenbosch Region
The town of Stellenbosch is a small but very vibrant town with a very famous university and numerous activities such a wine cellar tours and tastings. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home.
Next, you will visit Franschhoek. This town will make you feel completely disoriented, feeling like you were in France in another era.
You will get the chance to taste the region's delicacies, cheeses, and its best wines.
Drakenstein (Victor Verster) is a low-security prison between Paarl and Franschhoek.
The prison is famous for being the location where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment for campaigning against apartheid.
The town of Paarl offers a great window into Afrikaner culture. The district is well known for its Pearl Mountain or "Paarl Rock". You will also be able to visit the town's vineyards where you will taste the region's finest wines.
Drive Along the Gorgeous Panorama Route
Today, you can enjoy a private transfer from Cloud Nine hotel to Cape Town Airport.
The fresh mountain scenery and panoramic views over the Klein Drakensberg escarpment are quite spectacular and give the area its name of 'Panorama Route'.
Viewpoints are named for the spectacle they offer, and God's Window and Wonder View hint at the magnitude of the scenery. The 'Pinnacle' is a single quartzite column rising out of the deep wooded canyon and the ‘Three Rondavels' (also called 'Three Sisters’) are three huge spirals of dolomite rock rising out of the far wall of the Blyde River Canyon.
Their domed heads are iced in green and their sides are stained with fiery orange lichen. From the 'Three Rondavels' you can see the extensive Swadini Dam in the far distance, which marks the end of the reserve.
Travel to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Today, enjoy a private transfer to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve.
The Sabi Sands Game Reserve is undoubtedly the most exclusive private game reserve in South Africa. The 65,000-hectare Sabi Sands Game Reserve is located on the southwestern corner of the Kruger National Park.
There are no restricting fences between the Kruger Park and Sabi Sands Reserve and the wildlife roams free.
The wildlife of Africa and its equally beautiful habitat are celebrated at the exclusive Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve. This game reserve has successfully, even a little magically, combined the raw, wild allure of Africa with sheer, world-class luxury.
Search for the Big 5!
Even though you know that Africa is so much more than the Big Five, the familiar images soon begin playing in your mind: lions roaring, elephants trumpeting, buffaloes lurking in long grass, rhinos standing stately under a thorn tree or leopards prowling in the gathering darkness.
You’ve seen the Big Five in books and you’ve seen them on TV. But it’s time to come and see them for yourself. Embark on a safari adventure today in search of these magnificent beauties!
Farewell, South Africa!
Today, you will be transferred from Sabi Sands to the Nelspruit Airport, from which you will travel to Johannesburg International Airport.
After that, take your plane home. Safe travels home, and visit again soon!