trip.me Payment Plus
Activiteiten & vervoer
- Auto met chauffeur
8 Day Machu Picchu And The Nazca Lines
- Choose your own activities in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Decide wether you wish to do some extra hiking while exploring Machu Picchu
- Enjoy Cusco, one of the most impressive cities in South America at leisure
- Venture to the coastal deserts of Southern Peru and select how you wish to see the region
Discover the two most famous sites in all of Peru, Machu Picchu, and the Nazca Lines. Travel through the lands of the old Inca Empire including the city of Cusco, Pisac, Ollantaytambo and, obviously, the famous citadel of Machu Picchu, a unique place in the world. Then, venture into Peru’s coastal desert to fly over the mysterious Nazca lines and sail in search of marine wildlife. The Peruvian Andes and coastal desert await!
This trip has been carefully designed for travelers wishing to explore Cusco and our coastal deserts of Ica and Paracas in the most flexible, authentic and inspiring way possible.You'll have plenty of options to choose from for your daily activities!
Inbegrepen in de prijs
- 7 nights accommodation in the chosen hotel category
- 8 x breakfast, 5 x lunch
- Tours as mentioned in the program including entrance fees
- Private transfers
- English-speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Services not specified, extras, and tips
- International and national flights (can be quoted upon request)
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, injury, illness or damages incurred during the trip
- Any additional services and visits
Voorbeeldreis om aan te passen
Welcome To Peru!
Welcome to Peru and Cusco!
Upon arriving at Cusco airport, you will be met by local staff who will take you by private transport towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Because of its lower elevation and its peaceful atmosphere, the Sacred Valley is the perfect place to enjoy your first days in Cusco as you adapt to the high altitude.
You have two optional routes you can choose from today:
(1) Awanacancha and Pisac Market route: See all the different camelids of Peruvian Andes, and visit the traditional indigenous market of Pisac, where you shall be able to appreciate many local customs and observe innumerable regional products.
(2) Maras and Moray route:
Tour the archaeological site of Moray, consisting of circular terraces, the continue to see the salt-extraction complex of Maras, and time-permitting, a textile workshop in Chinchero.
Explore The Majestic Sacred Valley Of The Incas
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is one of the most beautiful areas in Peru. It spans about 60km from the village of Pisaq until Ollantaytambo and along its length, we can find picturesque Andean towns, towering snow peaks and probably the highest concentration of Inca sites in Peru.
Today, you will visit the Ollantaytambo archaeological site, an impressive Inca complex that protected this area from incursions from the Amazon Basin. Ollantaytambo is one of the best examples of Inca architecture you can see nowadays. Visiting it in the morning will allow you to enjoy this site to the fullest before the larger crowds arrive in the afternoon.
For lunch, you can experience a traditional cooking technique called Pachamanca. Other available options for today include visiting a local community or going hiking with llamas.
Discover Breathtaking Machu Picchu
Today, after enjoying a nice breakfast, you'll board the train to Aguas Calientes.
The train journey is a spectacle in itself- appreciate the changing landscape of green fields, eucalyptus forests, and lush jungles while always traveling beside the meandering Urubamba River.
Upon arriving you’ll head up to Machu Picchu. Take a bus up the steep zigzagging road to Machu Picchu Citadel, located on an impressive mountain setting. You can enjoy your tasty lunch with great views of the citadel here. Later, take your guided tour around the main areas of the citadel. You can tour the site until it closes.
Visit A Textile Workshop In Chinchero
Today you can wake up late and relax after a long but entertaining day at Machu Picchu yesterday.
In the morning, your transport will be ready to pick you up and take you back to Cusco. You'll be crossing the village of Chinchero en route, famous for its textile workshops. If you haven’t seen it yet, you can make a short stop here upon request.
On arrival, check into your hotel and enjoy the afternoon wandering the beautiful streets in Cusco.
Lose Yourself In The Historic World Heritage Of Cusco
Cusco is one of the most interesting cities in Peru and South America.
Today you'll have the entire day to explore the gorgeous streets and plazas of this UNESCO World Heritage City at our own pace.
Enjoy The Stunning Views at Paracas Nature Reserve
In the morning, you’ll head to the local airport to board your flight to your next destination, the sunny deserts of Ica and Paracas. You need to fly to Lima to reach Paracas.
From Lima Airport, you’ll make your way south for approximately 250km towards Paracas Bay where you’ll check into your beautiful seaside hotel. This is the gateway to the Paracas Ica desert and the Paracas Nature Reserve.
In the afternoon, if you are up for it, you’ll set out to the nearby Paracas National Reserve, one of Peru’s most important Natural Reserves. Here you will be driven to the main local viewpoints for great views of the ocean and desert landscapes during sunset.
Fly Over the Mysterious Nazca Lines
Today you’ll board the fully equipped speedboat departing from the hotel pier towards the Islands. These are also known as the little Galapagos because of the great variety of marine wildlife that inhabits them, such as sea lions, Humboldt Penguins, and various other marine bird species. Afterwards, you will be able to choose any of the following activities:
(1) Fly over the enigmatic Nazca Lines. Drive to Pisco airfield, located 20 minutes away from Paracas. You get to see a little more of the landscape and also fly over the figures in Palpa!
(2) Go to Moron Oasis, a beautiful and pristine oasis surrounded by impressive sand dunes, where you can go sandboarding or swimming in the clean waters.
(3) Visit La Caravedo Vineyard in Ica, where you’ll visit a 17th-century vineyard and learn how the famous Pisco liquor is made.