trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Rental Car
Main travel focus
3 Day Sossusvlei and Namib Desert Adventure
- Enjoy Awe-Inspiring Sossusvlei
- Traverse the Sesriem Canyon
- Explore the Dead Vlei
- Discover the Namib Desert
Explore and the world’s oldest desert; the Namib.
Stay close to the Namib Naukluft, climb the famous Dune 45 and enjoy a sunrise walk into Sossusvlei and Deadvlei.
- Accommodation as stated
- 2x breakfast
- Vehicle includes:
- Theft and Collision Damage Waiver
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Unlimited mileage
- Airport Surcharge - Tourism Levy
- Value Added Tax at 14%
- Carbon Emissions Tax
- Additional Driver charge per rental, per driver
- Damage due to sandblasting
- Tyre and rim damage, hubcaps
- GPS Unit Accommodation as noted
- All other meals
- Additional activities
- Entrance fees to national parks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Soft drinks & bottled water
- Personal travel insurance and personal travel expenses
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- Not included in the vehicle rate:
- 2ND Additional Driver
- Young Driver surcharge per day, per driver
- One-way drop-off charges
- Delivery and Collection fees
- Cross Border Charges
- Document Administration Fee
- Traffic Fine Handling Fee
- Claim Handling Fee
- Assessor's Fee
- Water and undercarriage damage to vehicles
- Guided walk to Sesriem (USD25/per person)
Example Trip to customize
Welcome To Namibia!
Welcome! Upon your early arrival at the Windhoek International Airport you will collect your vehicle and depart for the Namib Desert. Located in the scenic Namib-Naukluft National Park, Sossusvlei is where you will find the iconic red sand dunes of the Namib.
The clear blue skies contrast with the giant red dunes to make this one of the most scenic natural wonders of Africa and a photographer's heaven. This awe-inspiring destination is possibly Namibia's premier attraction, with its unique dunes rising to almost 400 metres - some of the highest in the world!
These iconic dunes come alive in morning and evening light and draw photography enthusiasts from around the globe. Sossusvlei is home to a variety desert wildlife including oryx, springbok, ostrich and a variety of reptiles.
Explore The Sossuvlei Area
Wake up early so that you are at the dunes early to see the sunrise. Spend the day exploring the dunes and the Dead Vlei.
This ancient clay pan was once an oasis studded with acacias and fed by a river that suddenly changed course, leaving the earth to dry up along with the trees it previously supported. So dry were the climatic conditions that the trees never decomposed – instead they were entirely leached of moisture so that today, 900 years later, they remain as desiccated, blackened sentinels dotting the pan’s cracked surface. Surrounded by the red-pink dunes of the Namibia Desert, they create a surreal spectacle that is a photographer's dream.
Do not miss the Sesriem Canyon, a deep chasm carved through the rocks by the water. It is a striking natural feature of the area that is best explored on foot.
Today marks the end of your visit to the Namib Desert. Depart from the park back to the International Airport, where you will drop off your vehicle in time for your international flight.
Keep in mind that the drive will take around 5 hours excluding stops.
Safe travels, and visit again soon!