trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- City Tour
- Meet the Locals
- Car with driver
Main travel focus
Live the Local Life in Northern Jordan
- Experience the Jordanian traditions of bread baking and soap making
- Stay in comfortable hotels that reflect the character of the country
- Private trips with excellent escort drivers
- Perfectly tailored itineraries for couples, honeymooners, families, and groups
Without a doubt, the people of Jordan are some of the warmest, most welcoming people in the whole world. The hospitality of the Bedouin tribes has been transferred from one generation to another and continues to this day.
If you love to touch, feel, and live the local, everyday life of other cultures, this is the trip for you. This unique trip will bring you to the various regions of Jordan. Have you ever milked a goat? Made traditional bread? Or donned the suit of a beekeeper? You can do all this and more on this authentic adventure in Jordan. Step into rural life and go back to a simpler time that still flourishes today in this marvelous Middle-Eastern land.
- Meet & assist upon arrival and departure
- Free visa fees (may change based on governmental regulations)
- Accommodation in hotels based on half board basis
- Lunches as described in the program
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicle as mentioned in the program: car/minivan/minbus/coach
- Private national (English/Russian/French/German) speaking guide for groups of 7+
- English-speaking escort/driver for groups less than 7
- Local English-speaking guide at Jerash for 1.5-2 hours for 1-6 pax
- Entrance to all sights mentioned in itinerary
- All culinary/gastronomy experiences as mentioned in the program
- 2 small bottles of mineral water per person per day
- Departure taxes
- Flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Tips & gratuities to guides, drivers, restaurant, hotel staff, and local communities
- Private guide speaking your language - 150 USD per day
- Additional Night extension at Dead sea - 100 USD per person in double
- Program Can Be Extended to Middle Region ( Dana ) and South Region ( Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba ) with Same local life trends and activities. Contact the local expert to customize your trip.
Example Trip to customize
Welcome to Jordan!
Your adventure in Jordan begins today when you touch down at Queen Alia International Airport. Upon arrival, you will be met by a tour representative who will assist you through the visa process and transfer you to your hotel in Ammam. Check-in and rest in the comfort of your room.
Get ready to begin your adventure!
Hike the Soap House Trail and See Women Making Traditional Olive Soap
This morning after breakfast, set off to the Ajloun Nature Reserve to hike the "Soap House Trail" through a tranquil setting. The trail begins at the Visitor's Center and takes you to the Soap House in the neighboring village of Orjan.
On the way, you will hike through thick woodlands filled with oak, pistachio, and oriental strawberry trees. Take a short detour to view the ruins of a wine press before passing one of the oldest strawberry trees in the reserve on your way down into the valley.
The trail climbs to 1,100m above sea level at Eagle's View and then descends to the Soap House where local women follow the traditional process of making Orjan pure olive oil soap.
Later, visit the Roman city of Jarash before heading back to Amman for dinner overnight.
Experience Local Life in the Jordanian Countryside
This morning, head out on an excursion to Salt Diera where you will have the chance to learn about several local customs. First, learn about baking Zaatar bread and Managiesh, a local pastry, with local women. Once your baked goods are finished, enjoy them in a charming garden with a glass of herbal tea!
Next, don a beekeeping suit and follow your host to the hives where you will experience the process of honey production. Of course, you will have the chance to taste the sweet nectar as well.
And finally, experience life on a typical Jordanian farm. Gather eggs, milk a goat, feed a baby sheep, and ride a tractor through the wheat fields. In the late afternoon, enjoy a meal with the group beneath a 400-year-old oak tree.
Return to Amman for overnight.
Tour Amman and Meet Local Craftswomen
After breakfast, check out of your hotel and set off for a visit to the Citadel of Amman. You'll tour this intriguing archeological site and view the old city of Amman from this high vantage point. Continue on to the Roman Theater and the Museum of Traditional Life.
The day's adventure continues with a visit to Iraq Al Amir, where you will have the chance to meet some of the local women and learn about their society that supports the handicraft work they do.
Enjoy lunch with these friendly women before returning to Amman, where you will take part in a cooking experience.
After dinner, your journey continues as you travel to the Dead Sea.
Soak in the Dead Sea
It's time to relax on the shores of one of the world's most famous bodies of water: the Dead Sea.
Situated 398m (1,206ft) below sea level, this is the lowest spot on earth. It is the perfect place to ease your muscles after your recent travels. Soak in these healing waters, float on the sea's buoyant surface, and be enriched by this warm, fertile region.
You'll understand why these therapeutic waters have drawn inhabitants to this region for millennia!
Today you will say goodbye to Jordan.
You'll make your way to Queen Alia International Airport to catch your onward flight. It is advised to be at the airport 3 hours before departure.
We hope you have had an unforgettable holiday in Jordan, and wish you pleasant travels.