trip.me Payment Plus
Activities & Transport
- Wildlife Watching
- Private Bus
Main travel focus
7-Day Costa Rica Wellness Holiday
- Journey by raft to your eco-lodge on the Pacuare River
- Hike through the verdant rainforests of Arenal National Park
- Swim beneath the dazzling cascade of La Fortuna Waterfall
- Stay in Costa Rica's most beautiful luxury accommodations
Expertly tailored for travelers seeking a wellness holiday in Costa Rica, this 7-day itinerary will bring you to some of the country's most naturally stunning places. A peaceful paradise of verdant rainforests, where secret waterfalls wait to be discovered, Costa Rica is an enchanting destination that offers an array of exhilarating experiences.
From an adventurous hike through volcanic foothills, to a rafting journey to a riverside eco-lodge, Costa Rica provides myriad opportunities for you to reconnect to your inner tranquility. Nurture your well-being with a refreshing swim beneath gracefully cascading waterfalls and then soak for hours in volcanic hot spring at your hotel spa.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list
- Local Travel Program Support, 24-hour emergency service
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- 6 nights lodging at hotels indicated in itinerary, including breakfast and local taxes
- Pacuare Lodge, 2 nights, Garden Suite, including Pacuare river rafting excursion
- Ground transportation to / from the lodge, lodging, 3 meals per day, hot
- Beverages, guided hike to the waterfall, transportation to / from San Jose
- Hotel taxes
- Private transfers between destinations included:
- Siquirres – La Fortuna
- La Fortuna – San José
- Excursions included: (shared tours)
- Arenal Volcano National Park Hhke + La Fortuna waterfall, transportation included
- Bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water and snacks
- National park entrance fees
- Airport taxes ($29 USD per person)
- Is there anything missing that you would like to include? We offer you the following options:
- (You can also contact your destination expert)
- Hotel upgrades / car upgrades / local flights
- Optional excursions or activities at each destination
- Meals, special gifts
- Bilingual guide and / or driver
Example Trip to customize
Welcome to Costa Rica!
Today you arrive in the beautiful country of Costa Rica. Your week of wellness travel begins now. As you exit the airport, look for the tour representative waiting for you with a sign with you name on it. You will be driven to your hotel in San Jose, where you will be given a welcome package with all the vouchers you'll need for the trip ahead, a map of the country, and some useful tourist information.
Enjoy your first night in this exquisite country!
Journey by Raft to Your Riverside Eco-Lodge
This morning you will be transferred by bus to Siquirres. From here, you will embark on a breathtaking journey by raft down the Pacuare River to your riverside eco-lodge. You will spend the next two nights in this serene region on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. Alternatively, guests may choose to take a road transfer to the lodge.
Upon arrival, you will discover a dreamlike paradise where you can hike, do some more rafting, or embark on a wildlife observation walk.
Enjoy the Unique Riverside Environment of your Rainforest Eco-Lodge
You have a free day to do exactly as you please today. Choose your own adventure and follow your intuition. Your hotel, the Pacuare Lodge is a member of the National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, so you can be sure the setting here is nothing short of spectacular. You may desire to do nothing other than float in the lodge's unique rainforest infinity pool, or book a massage at the hotel spa.
Travelers looking to get active in the rainforest can book a tour at the hotel. From white water rafting excursions to canopy walks, canyoning, birdwatching, and hikes to hidden waterfalls, the options are abundant.
Soak in the Hot Springs Near the Iconic Arenal Volcano
Your adventure continues today to one of Costa Rica's most iconic sights -- the Arenal Volcano. Covered in dense forests, the volcano's gentle foothills are home to enchanting hiking trails.
Check in to the Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort, a magnificent home base for the next two nights. From here, you can enjoy a variety of active adventures as well as rejuvenating moments of total relaxation.
The Grand Spa at Tabacon is a wonderful place to soothe your body and mind with a massage and a long soak in a hot spring. Bird lovers can go on a bird watching trek, and more adventurous travelers could partake in an exhilarating expedition through the rainforest at Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges.
Feel the Power of the Earth's Natural Elements on a Hike to a Volcano and a Waterfall
This morning you will discover the splendor or the Arenal Volcano National Park during a hike along rainforest paths. Get close to the volcano and feel its power as you take in the diversity of wildlife that inhabit this extraordinary place. Guided by a nature expert, you will learn all about the unique vegetation and wildlife that can be found here. You will also learn about the volcano's fascinating history.
Later, arrive at La Fortuna Waterfall, a spectacular natural site where you can swim in pristine waters and enjoy the tranquil atmsosphere of this rejuvenating area.
Journey to the Costa Rican Capital
On your final full day in Costa Rica, travel back to the capital city of San José. You may choose to explore the city with a visit to the National Theater or the Gold and Jade Museums. You could do some shopping, explore the city's excellent restaurants, or encounter local art at a gallery. Alternatively book a tour to one of the natural sights nearby.
Your hotel, the Grano de Oro offers charming accommodations in a colonial style setting. Spend some time relaxing in these elegant environs.